Saturday, May 19, 2012

Things I've discovered on Pinterest...

     About a month ago I kept seeing posts from my friends on Facebook about this website Pinterest.  I thought to myself Pinterest what is that?  Well I really don't want to know because it's probably just another site that will keep me glued to my computer.  I mean I'm already neglecting this blog, I haven't checked my e-mail in weeks, and I have a mile long list of sites to "check out".  I fell like I just spend so much time online and  I've been wanting to curtail my Internet time.  When I do go online it's to do things like check my bank account, pay my bills, and scan through my e-mail for important messages.  I feel like I need more real world time and less digital world time, I'm probably not alone.  We are so digital these days and granted it does make things easier but I sort of miss things like real letters and talking on the phone, only sort of though.  The other part of me realizes how convenient the Internet makes my life.
    
     I kept seeing the posts about Pinterest and decided OK I want to see what this is all about. Wow it is so cool!  It is all of the things I find on the Internet that I like but, I don't want to print them out, or write them down because overall I really want to reduce clutter!  Pinterest is so appealing to me because its my own board where I "pin" pictures from websites onto a neatly organized page and the pictures are actually a hyperlink that takes you back to the original site. How cool is that! I'm trying not to get carried away with the things I post but overall it's nice to have a little organization in my life. I'm not sure if there is a limit to the number of boards you can create but so far I have 11 boards. They are:

1. Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Workout ~ Pins of fitness related stuff and some inspirational quotes like "A one hour work out is 4% of your day no excuses". That would actually be something I might put on my mirror in the bathroom to help motivate (or guilt) me into working out. I'm not a workout freak but staying healthy is important to me because of some family health issues. Another quote I like is "No matter how slow you go you are still lapping everybody on the couch".

2. My geekyness ~ Just a board of things I geek out about, mostly Star Wars stuff :) and some crafty stuff.

3. Ideas for my next home ~ Self explanatory really. I'd like to have a beach themed house so this is place for those ideas to gather.

4. Getting Crafty ~ Things I'd like to make when I have some free time....

5. Eat, Drink and be Merry! ~ Recipes I want to try.

6. Style ~ I've been struggling with what is my style lately (clothing). This is where I post pictures of outfits or articles of clothing I actually like.

7. Girl Scout Days ~ Some songs and other things from when I was a Girl Scout. Someday when I have daughters I will be a Girl Scout Leader so I want to remember these things.

8. Tattoos ~ Designs I like but I will probably never get...

9. My Wedding 10/31/10 ~ A lot of the posts I saw about Pinterest were wedding ideas for some of my friends who are getting married this year. I wanted to share some pictures of my wedding because I don't mind if someone copies something I did. Most of my planning were things I discovered from other brides.

10. Make life easier! ~ Tips and techniques for everyday household things to make things easier.

11. Back to the Future ~ Fun baby things I've found. Not planning on having a kid soon but someday and these satisfy my urges for now :) This woman's clock it out of control!

All in all I'm glad I found Pinterest, no only if I could stop checking Facebook like 50 times a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment