Saturday, October 8, 2011

Joining Weight Watchers

As far as weight gain goes there are many "milestones" in a woman's life. There is the freshman 15, which is basically the weight you gain when you move out from home for the first time. It's probably because you are eating out a lot more often eating things like pizza and more fast food then you really should. It's also because you really don't have time to cook and eat healthy things or even work out because usually you are taking a full class load and lets face it there is a lot more homework in college. Actually I think all of the school work you do is homework. Anyway I've taken classes but, I never actually went to college full time. Instead I joined the Military so instead of gaining the freshman 15 I actually lost weight in basic training and maintained a pretty healthy weight while in the military. I'm sure it was all the physical training I did.
The next milestone is the weight you gain when you are happy  with a significant other and then after that after you get married. It doesn't make sense for me because though because Mike and I lived together for years before we got married yet somehow I gained the weight. After that you have the baby weight, then some times menopause causes you to gain weight. Well I've finally reached that magic number that I never wanted to see so I did something about it. about 6 weeks ago I joined Weight Watchers and so far I've lost 8lbs!! I still have a lot more to go and I know I can do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment